Certified Flagging Class 6-14-2020
Flagger Certification Training Course:
Flagger Certification class prepares you to receive a Flagger Certification card, which is valid for 3 years in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana.
You must be at least 18 years old and must bring a valid State I.D. Card or Drivers License to the class. Upon reviewing and learning the material there is an open book test at the end of class in which you must have a passing score of 80% in order to receive your certification.
Class Details & Materials Provided:
- Class is eight hours long
- Students receive MUTCD Traffic Control Flagger Certification Handbook (yours to keep and reference on the job)
- We encourage you to bring highlighter, pen/pencil to take notes for the open book test at the end of the class
- Upon passing the test you will receive a Flagger Certification Card same day.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- Receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously.
- Move and maneuver quickly
- Control signaling devices, such as paddles
- Understand and apply safe traffic-control practices
- Recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers
- Stand for prolonged periods on uneven surfaces (up to 10+ hours)
- Traverse uneven surfaces and terrain
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Grasp, push, or pull
- Hear warnings
- See dangerous situations and react calmly and quickly
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds when placing signs, barrels, cones to build traffic control zone.
- Receive, understand, and take positive appropriate action based on information/instructions presented verbally and/or in writing
- PPE - Gone over in the class on requirements needed as a flagger.
Request a Replacement Flagger Card:
Let's Work Together Link to complete application: https://pdf.ac/7mcGxW